Pages

11/4/11

postheadericon princess leia, the man and the pumpkin

Something left over from bath time.  Yes, that is princess leia in the warrior outfit.
Photobucket

A lot of questions are left unanswered by my discovery this morning.
Who are these 2 people? Where are they going? Why do they need such a big pumpkin?

Children have such an amazing imagination. 
It got me to thinking, how do we lose this imagination as we get older?  Are we disenchanted with life? Caught up in the day to day activities? Too busy trying to stay connected?  These little discoveries of Lyla's always make me stop and take notice of her ability to just play.   She is so smart and amazing.  I want to foster her imagination and creativity as much as possible.

I know that having kids has really forced me to explore my imagination again.  To be perfectly honest though, it is very hard for me at times.  We are playing ponies or something and I don't have a clue what kind of dialog to have.  It is sad that this is such a struggle. Lucky for me Lyla leads the way and most of the time she tells me exactly what to say (she is so much like her mommy).  She is teaching me how to play again.  It is nice to be able to act silly sometimes with my girls and not worry about all those adult things that infiltrate our lives.  The life lessons I have learned from my kids is amazing.  I look forward to the next lesson.

0 comments:

About Me

I am a full time mother and full time office manager. I love both but yearn to be home more with my girls. They, along with my husband, are my life. I love spending time with them...

Connect

Etsy Heading

Etsy

Labels Divider

Blog Archive Heading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog List Heading

Followers Heading

Followers

Divider

Promo Banners



Photobucket