Pages

11/9/11

postheadericon My husband

Photobucket
This morning I was doing a little reading on one of my favorite blogs and Casey Wiegand was answering a list of her FAQ's and I was struck, as usual, by her immense love and pride for her husband.  It made me wonder if I show the same love and pride for my husband.  Also, this month some people have decided to do an "I'm thankful" post everyday on facebook until Thanksgiving.  I think it is FANASTICAL!  I also think it is something we should try to do all year, even though I know that won't really happen.  I posted today that I am grateful for my husband.  I posted a short little something but then realized that isn't enough to show my appreciation so I thought I would elaborate here.

My husband is an amazing man.  He is the best daddy I know.  He loves our little girls "to the moon and back" as we like to say.  They squeal with delight the second he walks in the door from work.  It warms my heart every time.  He plays dress-up and collects bugs with them.  He spends his one day off a week with them for "daddy day".  He also works in Lyla's preschool a couple times a month.  He would do anything for those two girls.  I mean ANYTHING.  He completely encompasses everything a daddy should be.

He is also extremely hard working.  When Lyla was about 6 months old he was offered a job working overnights from 11pm to 9am.  It was meant to be an 18 month deal and it was a good financial opportunity for our little growing family.  Well, 18 months turned into a little over 3 years.  This put a strain on him physically and mentally.  It also put a strain on our family.  I am a firm believer after this time of him working nights that it is unnatural for humans to be up at night and sleep during the day.  It takes a little something out of you.  Ages you a bit.  It is hard to put into words the toll this took on him.  I know he did it for our family and I am so grateful to him for that.  It ultimately lead to him eventually working during the day but he works long hours and misses family activities at times.  He is always sad when this happens.  I have to remember that when he is not able to be there he is working for us.  So either way his love is there. Thank you for all you do for your little family of four.

Todd, I love you to the moon and back.

0 comments:

About Me

I am a full time mother and full time office manager. I love both but yearn to be home more with my girls. They, along with my husband, are my life. I love spending time with them...

Connect

Etsy Heading

Etsy

Labels Divider

Blog Archive Heading

Powered by Blogger.

Blog List Heading

Followers Heading

Followers

Divider

Promo Banners



Photobucket